Saturday, November 28, 2009

11/28/09 Chicken Pie Shop Office Hours

7:00 I started the day going to the former Dan Gamels to watch my son play some racquetball. It's been a long time since I've seen him play. He's enjoyed the game since he started high school. We used to play together when he first started, but those days are long gone.




8:00 I had three meetings at the Chicken Pie Shop this morning. I started with Oliver Baines a Fresno Police Officer who is working with us on the Lowell revitalization effort. He is one of the people who stepped up to focus on Lowell.



9:00 Robert Wood from Generation homes is a friend from college. I've admired Robert's commitment to downtown and other issues like solar panels on the houses that he built. Robert and I met to talk about ways that he could get involved in the Lowell neighborhood. I gave him an update on all of the programs that are coming together.



10:00 I met Scott Buller who is in the Executive MBA program at Fresno State. He is focusing on the Information Systems part of the program. He is interested in doing his thesis on the use of technology in revitalization. Scott is another great example of the resources available through Fresno State. We also had conversation with Fresno Pacific's Psychology Department last week about an ongoing attitudinal survey for Lowell. It's really taking off folks!



Two sets of tennis this afternoon with my wife (7-5, 6-4). Although I won, her trash talking was superior.

And to cap off the day a sandwich of leftover turkey, dressing, and cranberry for dinner.  Outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment