Monday, March 1, 2010

03-01-10 March 1st already

I know that I'm not the only one thinking...wow, March 1st already.



I was up at 4:30 but still didn't get out of the house until 5:00. Some mornings I just stumble around more than others. We had a nice run, although there seemed to be more activity than usual...we like peace and quiet.


I stopped by Cornerstone's coffee shop, I didn't know that Iron Bird Cafe was open, they didn't look open yet.


I went to The Grand (a.k.a. PG&E) Building at 7:30. I talked to Cliff Tutelian about his afternoon meeting with the Mayor, to help prioritize the issues that he sees in downtown, in his neighborhood in downtown.


9:00 I had a medical appointment.


10:30 I was back in time to catch part of our Monday morning Specific Plan update. We reviewed last week's visit by the consultant team and to review necessary steps for next Tuesday evening's first meeting of the citizen advisory committee. http://www.fresnodowntownplans.com/ is the place to learn more. Please attend, this is a watershed time for southern Fresno. You will not want to miss this opportunity to change the course of our city.


11:00 We had our management team meeting and discussed topics like motivation during stressful times, like budget uncertainty. My perspective is that the only thing that we have some control over is the quality and quantity of our work. And even then, there are many forces that influence the results. So we should stay focused on our work, do the best that we can, and hope that the results will put is into a position to hopefully succeed.

12:00Elliott, William Broomfield and I had a conference call with a promoter about a potential show for downtown.


1:00 I sent out a mindhub announcement about my guest bus boy stint at Kebab Express this Wednesday from 11:30-12:30. Come on down to L Street and Kern Street. Let me bus your table! Kebab Express is one year old, come on by and congratulate them.


2:00 Cliff and I met with the Mayor for about 30 minutes.


3:00 I set up a meeting for Reza Assemi to review his plans for a new project downtown. This is the same format that we followed with his Broadway Row project which is now under construction. We got everyone together very early on and this hopefully makes the project go more smoothly.


5:00 We had a mixer for Joe Gray, the new Controller/Treasurer of the City. We met at the Downtown Club. This was a chance for some City types and the business community to mingle and welcome Joe to town.


6:00 I headed over to a city council candidate's forum at Lowell Elementary. Tate Hill, Oliver Baines and Doug Vagim attended.


7:30 I headed by the Iron Bird Lofts Cafe to check out the new place and to congratulate everyone on their new venture. I can't wait to hang out there, they did a great job and the design looks fantastic.  Please check them out soon and give them some encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment