Monday, March 22, 2010

03-17-10 St. Paddy's


8:00 We had a great meeting with the interdepartmental downtown coordination group. Probably the best yet. We had the draft Downtown Development Guidelines, which will help us to make projects more urban (less suburban) while the downtown plans are being developed. We talked about issues with the Spiral Garage and its need for repairs. We had an update on the Met Museum, JC Penney Building and the Droge.



9:00 Agenda conference for next Thursday's Council meeting. The Fresno Technology Affinity Group will be highlighted during our Primetime for Business segment.


As always, the Directors' meeting followed Agenda Conference. I kept my report lighthearted, there was plenty of other heavy stuff. I reported on FLYP's Downtown Academy.


10:00 Our department’s managers met to go over our list for my one on one meeting with the Mayor at 1:30. We're going to start having a pre and post meeting to make sure that we get the information that is needed to the Mayor and that I relay the information from my meeting with the Mayor back to our folks.


11:00 Steve Geil and I met with the Mayor to discuss his interest in a public market in downtown. We want to make sure that we are coordinated in this effort. This is a high priority project (based on funding) to bring agriculture back into our community.


1:30 I had my standing meeting with the Mayor, City Manager and Mayor's Chief of Staff. We went through a series of items like the PBID, downtown plans, Fresno Food Show and the next Lowell neighborhood meeting.


3:00 We had a directors' PIPES meeting. This is a meeting of the Public Works, Public Utilities, Planning Director and me.


4:00 Post-Mayor meeting. I'm going to start meeting with our managers directly after the Standing Meeting with the Mayor.


5:00 Some folks from Fresno State and City hall got together for some corned beef at the Cosmopolitan Tavern.

No comments:

Post a Comment