Tuesday, December 22, 2009

12-22-09 Happy Tuesday Everyone

I started with a jog this morning at 5:00 with Ellis and our special guest, my wife, Betty Ann. It was breezier than usual, but a pretty morning. Mostly clear skies with some cool clouds.


I got into the office a little after 7:30. Today was light on meetings, so I could get some computer and phone work done.  I had emails and phone messages because I was out yesterday and stuff to get done before the furloughs.


9:00 Amy Huerta and I had our one on one meeting. She is working on a strategy with our CPA affiliate group and how to bring resources into the Lowell Neighborhood to help with the Earned Income Tax Credit. We'd also like to bring Bank on Fresno resources into Lowell at the same time.


10:30 I spoke with Brad Segal who is the consultant for our Property Based Improvement District. He had spoken with Elliott and Jan Minami earlier.


I wrote my piece for January's e-newsletter from our department. If you'd like to sign up for the newsletter please send an email to me at craig.scharton@fresno.gov .


12:00 I walked over to Salsa Mexicatessen for a shredded beef quesadilla to go.


12:30 Elaine Robles, Wilma Quan and I met for an hour regarding the many issues and decisions that are needed as we take the Specific and Community Plans forward to the City Council on January 28th. There are many deadlines and decision points before we get back in front of the City Council.


3:00 We had our weekly staff meeting. Elliott Balch was in Sacramento meeting with folks about Proposition 84 funds and how they might fit with our planning efforts. George Smith is on vacation, but will be in tomorrow. So the meeting was shorter than usual, but everyone needed to get back to work and do some final reporting before the furlough week begins.


5:00 I was a greeter for the boomerang event held at the Smittcamp House at Fresno State. It was very well attended, the room was packed. I met many people who have moved away from Fresno but who are considering a move back. It was a great event. The organizers should be proud and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment