Monday, December 28, 2009

12-24-09 12-25-09

Christmas Eve


I had a fun day helping to plant some of the monster trout into the Kings River below Pine Flat Dam. This program has been going on for a few years. The Dept. of Fish and Game bring the fish to the river and then volunteers carry nets with 2-6 fish to the river.


Part of the Lower Kings River is set aside for catch and release, no bait, no barbs. In other states this has built up healthy fisheries. People will come from all over the world to fish a healthy river. Fly fishing is a great way to get people to our area for tourism revenues. Protecting our rivers will add to a positive connection between our city dwellers and nature.


Christmas Day


After making egg nog French toast for the clan, I headed back out to the river for some fishing. I was in short sleeves most of the day. It was very clear and I could see snow covered peaks behind the hills. I had several strikes, but didn't land a fish. Fishing size 20 hooks is really challenging. It was my first shut out since last February, so I can't really complain.

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/4927338.jpg

1 comment: