Saturday, February 6, 2010

02-03-10 Way behind Wednesday

I'm writing Wednesday's blog at 5:30 on Saturday morning. This is the furthest behind I've been since starting this project. I hate missing a day, I forget some of the things that don't show up on my calendar.



I woke up at 4:45 and went for a jog.


I got to the Honda dealership at 7:00 for a regularly scheduled maintenance. I was a bit behind on this too, I made it in at 6,000 miles instead of 5,000. They had me out of there by 7:50.


I was a few minutes late for the 8:00 weekly interdepartmental downtown meeting. This was our first meeting since the passage of the specific plan contract, so it was a good opportunity for Wilma Quan to give an overview of the next steps. We also discussed the marketing of incentives and specific plan benefits to potential investors.


9:00 John Dugan and I met with the Mayor to discuss some of the pending development proposals for downtown.


10:00 I had my semi-weekly one on one with the Mayor to keep her up to date on the Downtown and Community Revitalization department.


11:30 I had lunch with Jerry Duncan at Austin's (formerly Hero's). I had a great blue cheese burger. Patrick is really doing a great job. Eva Scow and Ron Thompson are playing during lunch on Wednesdays and Thursdays. His whole staff is friendly and helpful.


12:30 I had my weekly one on one meeting with Elaine Robles. We were mostly focused on filling the downtown neighborhoods community advisory committee. This is the group of 21 people who will steer the neighborhoods piece of our downtown land use planning effort. If you live in, work in, own a business or property in the plan area...you are qualified!


1:30 The Housing Authority held a groundbreaking ceremony at the Park Grove Commons (I don't like this name) site at Fresno and Shields. The first phase of housing has been funded. This is right across from the VA Hospital.


4:30 I met with Elliott and Donna to talk about how the DT FACES project was coming along. It appears that sponsorships are coming along pretty well.


6:00 I met with Jake and Romi (Virginia Hotel Developers) about the Property Based Improvement District. They signed their petitions without hesitation. The Hotel Fresno is also in the PBID area, so that is two more building who voted yes to assess themselves. Reza Assemi joined us too and we went out to dinner. (I paid for my own meal and did not expense it to the City).

No comments:

Post a Comment