Wednesday, February 24, 2010

02-22-10 The blogging expirement continues...


My experiment to increase transparency and to keep those who are interested abreast of the happenings of the Downtown and Community Revitalization Dept. continues. If anyone out there has any suggestions on how to make this better, different, more usable, whatever, please let me know. The goal is to give you, my salary-payers an insight into what I am doing with the resource that you are investing in me and our department.



My work day started at 7:00 with a meeting at Patio Cafe with Betsy Hays, Public Relations Professor at Fresno State. Betsy and I worked together at the Central Valley Business Incubator. We discussed ways to integrate her students with our revitalization efforts. Communication with the public is still a big challenge for us, we have more news than we take the time to share.


8:30 I met with a new intern for our department. His name is Rudy Placencia. He is a grad student at Fresno State, going for a Masters in Public Administration.


8:45 I met with another new intern, Ashley, and gave her an overview of our department.


10:30 I had my weekly one on one meeting with Elaine Robles. We spent time discussing how to coordinate the Fresno State effort in Lowell.


I had lunch with Jayne Aliota. She is a friend of Rebecca Ryan (http://nextgenerationconsulting.com/ ). Jayne is hoping to relocate to California and is an experienced HR manager.


3:00 Bruce Rudd, Marlene Murphey from the RDA and I met to discuss an RFP for a Single Room Occupancy project in Chinatown.


3:30 meeting regarding format and agenda for Lowell project updates to monitor department's progress.


4:00 Our weekly management meeting with George, Elaine, Elliott, Amy and me. We talked about work habits, work ethic and the difference between a small and a large city department.


5:00 Jim Versos came over to City Hall for a meeting to give me an update on the Warnors Theater and also for him to get an update on the Fresno Food Show that we are planning.

1 comment:

  1. Craig,

    You are doing a great job a conveying what you are doing. I would like to see a little more of the why. I get a feeling that there are specific philosophies and policies that you are using, but you haven't written much on those topics. More back-story or links could also be helpful.

    For instance "Bruce Rudd, Marlene Murphey from the RDA and I met to discuss an RFP for a Single Room Occupancy project in Chinatown." could be unpacked a little more.

    ReplyDelete