Saturday, February 20, 2010

02-20-10 Designers Exchange Tours Downtown Fresno


Top Photo: Rebecca shows Desgners Exchange the Iron Bird Lofts
Second Photo: Ground Floor, The Grand
Third Photo: The Grand Ballroom
Bottom Photo: Ground Floor, Security Bank Builiding

Today I toured a group of Fresno area designers called Designers Exchange (a funny side note, the tried having a web page but people thought it was designer sex change).



I started the day with breakfast at George's with Cliff Tutelian at 9:00.


I met the folks from DE at the Warnors Theater at 10:00. We talked about a few downtown revitalization principles.


At 10:15 they toured the ground floor and the tenth floor of the Grand (aka PG&E Building). Cliff gave them some great insight into his restoration processes. It was also great to see the ballroom already set up for a Mardi gras themed party tonight.


10:45 we were back on the mall heading south. We talked about the art, options for the mall, how storefronts work, eyes on the street, and the need for foot traffic.


11:15 Saundra King gave tours of the lofts and I gave tours of the Loft Salon and the cafe that is ready for an entrepreneur on the 2nd floor rooftop.


11:45 We walked over to Robert Ellis building that has the Goodwill Store and went to the second floor to see what a loft above a shop would be like.


We headed back up the mall and got in our cars to go to the Iron Bird Lofts for lunch. They had Charlottes Bakery (http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/56/610217/restaurant/Fresno-High/Charlottes-Bakery-Fresno ) sandwiches and cookies set up for them in one of the wonderful lofts. Reza joined us for some Q and A.


It was a very fun tour.


I headed back down to the Loft Salon for a haircut from Anna.

1 comment:

  1. So that's who I saw you showing around. Now knowing it was a group of designers, I'm sorry I could join but I had the Creative Fresno board meeting.

    I didn't know their was a Designers Exchange in Fresno. I;d like to be put in touch with them, if you wouldn't mind.

    ReplyDelete