Saturday, February 20, 2010

02-19-10


I started out with an 8:00a.m. no show. I won't say who, because I am very sensitive about other people's feelings, and I'd never want to embarrass anyone. Although it is REALLY tempting.



9:00 Ore, Joseph, Alex and I went to Iron Bird Lofts to take the tables up to the loft for Saturday's lunch. Okay, I should back up. On Saturday I will lead a downtown tour for 25 interior designers. We'll start with a tour of the Grand Ballroom from Cliff Tutelian. We'll walk up the Fulton Mall from there. We'll have a tour of the vacant 2 lofts in the Security Bank Building from Saundra King. They'll tour the Loft Salon on the second floor. Then we'll walk back down the mall. Drive to Iron Bird Lofts. Tour some of those spaces. And eat lunch in one of the 1,500 sq. ft. lofts. So we carried the tables and chairs up to the second floor and set up for lunch.


10:00 I met with representatives of California Dairies and Marlene Murphey from the Redevelopment Agency and John Fox from the City Attorney's office. The topic was a study that the RDA is going to do about the acceptable uses around the Creamery site given some potential issues with some of their industrial issues.


11:00 Marlene and I stayed afterward and talked about a number of issues. It is kind of interesting how having a little bit of extra time to really go over the list of things that we are both working on, really helps us to keep things moving forward. Busy-ness is not our friend.


I grabbed a shredded beef quesadilla To Go from the Mexicatessen in the Galleria and headed back to the office.


2:00 Planning Director John Dugan met with Wilma, Elliot and me to review our first full week of Specific Plan activity.


2:45 I recorded a promotional video for the Grizzlies for opening day. I can't wait for baseball at Chukchansi.


3:15 Cynthia Dondero and I met to finalize the agenda and handout material for the Designer Exchange tour on Saturday.


4:00 Bruce Rudd, Elliott and Angela met to plan for this Tuesday's All Department retreat.


5:00 Amy Huerta, Travis Sheridan, James Collier and I met for a drink at the Lime Lite (James' first time there). We met to plan the Fresno Food Show, which will feature foods produced in the San Joaquin Valley. Part of the show will be to introduce grocery and restaurant buyers to our local products and part will be for the public to enjoy our local fare. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment